Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Спокойно

Hellooooo,

Hope everyone is enjoying the beginning of June. This past Monday marked the beginning of my fourth week here…. I can’t believe how fast the time has gone; I’m almost half done!

This week has begun slowly, but I don’t mind. On Monday not much happened…. This week I am back with Katya and Peter. Oh! Nastya made blini. Earlier, we talked a lot about yummy Russian foods, and she decided she wanted to make blini for everyone. It was absolutely delicious…. I want to know how to make them! They’re different than crepes and different than pancakes.

I also Skyped my mom for a bit on Monday which was nice. My family is coming to visit in 2 weeks! I’m very excited to see them and show them around.

Tuesday we isolated RNA from ribosomes using different protocols. Everything went without a hitch until all of the samples were spilt after 3 hours of work…. #science

Today is Wednesday and I desperately need to go grocery shopping. It’s a little tough with one person to cook for, since I can’t buy anything in bulk or else it will go bad. Maybe I will make another batch of banana bread tonight.

Last night I was showered and comfy in bed with a movie by 8pm. Score. I also painted my nails (all 20 of them). So far, I’ve watched…
1)   The Invisible War. Documentary/Drama about sexual assault in the US Military. Such a light/fun movie. (Not. It was good though.)
2)   Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Great Rom Com with Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt. Highly recommend.
3)   Compliance. Drama based on true incidents of a prank phone call that turns awful. Such a great movie, and so creepy that stuff like this (or the Stanley Milgrim Experiments or Stanford Prison Experiments) happen.
4)   The Spectacular Now. Coming of age film. Solid.

This is a very short post, but so far the week has been quiet. I always see kitties and puppies outside the institute and it really makes me want to take them home. I know I can’t, but I can’t wait to have a pet of my own (not that I don’t love you, Whiskers!).

This summer is already the most perfect summer – do I have to go back to real life in the fall? I wonder how Emily and Maia are doing in their internships (dance friends). Em is in Belize and Maia is in Alaska. I wish they kept blogs too. I wish everyone kept blogs. 

Be well, comrades.


No comments:

Post a Comment